Call me biased, but I happen to think Atlanta, GA, offers the most fun you can have in a city outside of Las Vegas. Go ahead, call me biased. I really don’t mind.
Just because I’m biased, though, that doesn’t mean I’m not right. Want some proof? Read on. If this list doesn’t convince you to start looking at houses for sale in Atlanta, GA, nothing will. For additional information, you can visit rentals.com.
The Art Scene
One of the key things that a city needs to be fun is a thriving arts scene, and Atlanta’s is one of the best I’ve encountered anywhere. Atlanta might be famous for homegrown stars like rapper Lil John, director Spike Lee, and comedian Chris Tucker, but the city isn’t content to sit on its laurels. It’s still churning out new and exciting talents that, for now, can only be seen on local stages. Being able to say “I saw them perform before they were famous” is always an exciting prospect.
From huge events like the multi-stage Midtown Music festival which regularly draws 300,000 attendees to smaller events like Sandy Springs Artsapalooza, Atlanta’s yearly calendar is packed to the rafters with one-day, two-day, three-day, and even week-long festivals.
Indoor or outdoor, film or music, arts and/or crafts; whatever your appetite, Atlanta can satisfy it. Sometimes literally, such as the Taste of Atlanta event, which includes tastings and cooking demos with both local and globe-trotting celebrity chefs.
You don’t have to be a Georgia native to have fun in Atlanta. You don’t have to visit during festival season, either. There are plenty of year-round attractions that bring joy and entertainment to tourists and Atlanta residents alike.
Families can enjoy building their own creations or experiencing rides at Legoland Discovery Center, take a nostalgic journey through American pop culture at World of Coca-Cola, or view exotic wildlife at the Georgia Aquarium or Zoo Atlanta.
The Night Life
When the lights go down in Atlanta, the volume turns up. It’s no surprise that a city this big and this full of young, ambitious go-getters has such a rambunctious night life; the motto around these parts is “work hard, play hard” and we take it seriously. In Atlanta, you’ll find no shortage of bars serving locally brewed craft beers, clubs with crowded-but-not-too-crowded dance floors, and music venues boasting both homegrown and nationally touring acts.
At the start of this list, I talked about one of the key things that makes a city fun. Now, I’m going to talk to you about the number one key thing, the single most important thing, the thing that no fun city can do without: people. The people of Atlanta are really the city’s heart and soul, so it’s a good thing that they are such a diverse, creative, energetic, friendly, and accepting bunch. At the end of the day, the most fun you can have in Atlanta is meeting new people and making new friends.
There is no better place than Atlanta for shopping. You may ask, why? Well, you will find different products from all over the globe. Many travelers explore this city for shopping purposes. There are luxurious shopping malls where you can get to know the latest fashion trends. If you ever plan to live in this city, you will love it for shopping purposes.
The only way in which we can understand the history of a particular place is by visiting museums. In Atlanta, you won’t have to struggle to learn about history because you can explore various museums. Art galleries are a must-visit for every traveler. The most famous art galleries and historical museums are Millenium Gate Museum, High Museum of Art, National Center For Civil and Human Rights.
What are the benefits of living in Atlanta?
If you are confused about whether you should buy or rent a home in this beautiful city, you can look at the following points-
- Entertainment at its best: Atlanta is well-known for entertainment purposes. You can enjoy your alone time in different theatres and comedy clubs. In this way, you will never get bored even if you are alone. All you have to do is research the famous ones. Also, many movies have been produced here as it is a perfect destination. So, you might get an opportunity to meet a film star. Isn’t it amazing?
Apart from theatres, various festivals are organized here. Music festivals are one of the reasons why people dream of living in this city.
- A welcoming nature of residents: Many people often hesitate before moving to a new place. The primary reason behind it is that they don’t know how people would treat them. But you don’t have to worry about this thing as you will find amazing neighbors and people in Atlanta. Their friendly behavior will never disappoint you. They are nice to people who treat them nicely. So, you have to take care of your behavior while interacting with them. Otherwise, they won’t help you in your difficult times.
- Sports: Are you a sports enthusiast? If yes, you are going to love Atlanta. You will find various sports there, such as football, basketball, baseball, and more. If you go to this city for education, the college or school will provide you with all the sports. You can choose the best one according to your wishes.
- Surrounded by nature: Who doesn’t want to embrace nature? One of the best things about Atlanta is that it is green. It means that there are many places where you can enjoy the freshness of nature. There are many forests and wildlife sanctuaries. Also, you can do a variety of adventurous activities like hiking, biking, river rafting, etc.
- Affordable housing: You might be surprised to know that Atlanta offers affordable houses. It doesn’t matter if you want a rented or personal home. You will get a suitable one according to your budget.
The Bottom Line
From the above information, we can say that Atlanta is one of the best places in the world. You will never regret choosing this city for living or traveling.