As a parent, you will always want the best for your child. The initial months and years of the kid are the ones in which it learns many things. One way parents try to help their children learn new things is by using a variety of toys.
They are the child’s best friends as they know the sense of belongingness and companionship with toys. They help them learn many essential virtues like caring and sharing. Toys can be made of different materials like the following:
- Sticky rubber material
- Smooth and soft wood products that should be polished
- Stainless steel
- Foldable material
Also, these toys can be available in different kinds of textures to help attain the right temperature and weight that shall be ideal for a kid. As parents, there are quite some changes that you might have heard about Montessori toys.
What is that, and how is it different from a typical toy?
Montessori toys are the ones that help stimulate various learning aspects in children. These toys help the kid to experiment and bring out something from their thinking and creativity. However, you should note some things while buying such a toy. For example, you should invest in a toy that the child can relate to and touch while playing with.
The main idea is that manipulating objects to learn core values and other things in life will help them enhance their motor skills. Also, kids will become independent, opening their brains to think something apart from the usual.
A small, big Lego box is the most common example of a Montessori toy. Now, it is upon the toddler whether it wants to make a cute minion out of it or a train. A child can generate hundreds of ideas when it is not pushed to follow a single direction that will help them with a single outcome only.
Here are some fantastic Montessori toys that you can think of buying for your little one
- A beeswax block of crayons is ideal for a child older than 3 years. They ditch the traditional tone and offer vibrancy that can charge a child’s creative instincts.
- Reading blocks for children above 3 years of age can better grasp phonetics.
- An abacus is the perfect hands-on tool to help children understand color patterns and some mathematics skills. They are of different shapes and sizes. Hence, you can introduce this to your child after 12 months.
- A Pegboard set is another toy for your child that will help develop motor skills with the help of oversized pegs. Also, it stimulates excellent coordination between the child’s hands, wrists, and eyes.
- Montessori wooden toys like cubos are another smart pick that will help them learn coordination to get the possible outcomes and lay the proper foundation for mathematical basics.
- A crystal mining kit is a wholesome today that any child between 2 to 10 years can use. Through this game set, children can learn about crystals by doing some hands-on work that will charge their thinking skills. Children have a plaster shell and need to excavate the crystals from it. They have a magnifying glass to help them examine the crystals to discover something.
Now, you must be thinking that what’s the reason to have these objects in the kid’s play area? So, here you go.
The age of 2-10 is when your kid knows the world and tries to understand its happenings. They are trying to catch the sense of possibilities, and having such toys around them will help them in STEM learning. Children can correlate these toys with fundamental basics that will help them explore new angles of daily activities.
Encouragement Of Creativity And Independence
The sole purpose of these toys is to empower the child’s mind, creativity, and understanding of different things of familiar ideas creatively. They develop skills like self-care while catering to similar needs of the environment and the people surrounding them.
Also, this field is vast as there are many options. You can opt for age-appropriate tools with alternatives for different kids per their liking and interest. The goal is to nurture the kid and its role in the family and society.
The best part of these toys is that they are based on reality. Your baby begins understanding the concept of dreams and reality after they attain the age of six years. Hence, using these toys helps them develop fundamental imagination skills followed by their will to develop a secure relationship with the world. So, as a parent, when you are getting these toys for your child, you should ensure that you give them something with real consequences.
Another benefit of introducing these toys to your child is that they are made from natural ingredients. Also, they are customized to work well with the child’s needs. Variation in touch, weight, and size is ensured so the child can learn to distinguish between the basics.
Introducing Montessori Toys To Children
Your approach to introducing these objects to the baby should be slow and minimal. For instance, you can use slow hand movements to help your child build connectivity with new things that will be a part of their play routine. Once the child has an idea about the toy, you can give it to them and see what they do with it. You can guide with the movements for once, but that’s it. Let your child take the lead.
You need to sit back and see what they do with it. Next, you should take turns using the toys that will help the child develop a practical life lesson that these objects help with: grace and courtesy. It means that once you are done with your turn, you let others do what they want while waiting for your turn.
So, these toys are simple and have a good purpose that helps a child learn new skills and develop their skills. These should be a part of the toys wardrobe of all kids so that learning can be a playful experience for them.